We started off Friday night by picking up taco bell for dinner. We came home, ate, and got in our jammies. Then we watched Barbie Princess and the Pauper. It took us a while to find it though because Ben had hidden it in the very back of the cabinet (probably because Slade kept asking if he could watch it).
In the process of me getting the movie ready Madie figured out how to turn the TV off and on. This made for some interesting movie watching because she kept getting up and turning the TV off and laughing hysterically.
Saturday we both slept in (until 7:30 because that is sleeping in when you are a parent) and then we layed on the couch flipping between cartoons and HGTV for a while. We got ready and did a few things around the house... well I did a few things around the house while Madie took her morning nap. We then headed to Idaho Falls. We went to the mall and just walked around and looked at stuff for a while. Madie is the greatest shopper ever, she loves riding in her stroller and she loves looking at things. I always hold things up for her when we go shopping and ask her if she likes them or not. She has recently started shaking her head yes or no in response. I doubt she really knows what she is answering but it sure is cute to watch her. Then we went to Sams club and did some grocery shopping to get ready for Grandma and uncle Mike to come this week. We came home and Madie had some mac in cheese and then we did some laundry. While I was collecting laundry from around the house Madie wandered into the bathroom. She usually will climb up on Slade's stool and try to look in the mirror, well this time I went in there and the little mountain goat had pushed the stool next to the toilet and was standing on the toilet squealing in delight. Seriously she is barely one... should a one year old be that smart. Then we watched some TV and she fell asleep early on me.
Tomorrow we are going to go to church and watch some football and wait for the guys to come home.
We are really enjoying our time together but we are really looking forward to Daddy and Slade coming home tomorrow. Madie keeps looking for them it is so cute.
2 comments:
I remember thoese days!!!!!!!!!!
Wow I miss you and your brother. I guess that is why my husband decided I needed to join Michael on the October visit. I love you, see you soon. Love mom
How fun Kari!! It's fun to do stuff with these little girls of ours! Once I can walk again let's take our girls and go down to the mall! Meg's at the stage where she loves to snuggle with me and watch a movie (and Parker's is also into turning the TV on and off - really ticks his sister off!) Pretty soon it will be manicures and lunch!
Post a Comment