Thursday, July 8, 2010

Update

First I need to apologize for my lack of blogging in the past few months. Since we have moved we have had internet issues that resulted in no internet at our house. I had big plans to do an 18 month old post for Madie and a 4 year old post for Slade in April… didn’t happen. I am sure that if anyone did read my blog they have probably given up any hope on me posting some new pictures of our new house as well. I am hoping that this will all change in the next week or so. We are also getting Slade’s new bunk beds next week so I will be closer to finishing his room (that is the other problem… lack of time for me to get our home put together enough for me to feel comfortable posting pictures for everyone to see).

However amidst all of the chaos that is going on with us I have noticed that our kids are getting so big! So I thought that I would just put down a few things that are going on with us.

Madie
• Has started talking a bit. She says baby, STOP, Don’t, Mama, Dada, NO, please, thank you, cracker, doggy, hi, hello and eyes (which is accompanied with an eye poke)
• Dances all the time
• Loves to watch Alvin and the chipmunks and sponge bob
• Is very feisty
• Eats everything that you give her
• Is figuring out doorknobs
• Has days when she likes to try the potty and others that she wants nothing to do with it
• Takes pee diapers off herself and brings them to me
• Loves her brother so much
• Climbs like a mountain goat
• Has to wash her hands every time that she sees a sink
• Builds guns out of legos (just like her brother) and spits at you like she is shooting
• Still sings herself to sleep
• Gives great hugs

Slade
• Constantly tells me that things aren’t very necessary
• Is very good at opening doors for ladies
• Will always tell me if I look pretty or if I need to go back in the bathroom in the morning
• Loves to help cook
• Begs for a cat or dog or both
• Asks the kids at daycare to call him by his full name
• Has tried and likes… no LOVES pizza and carrots
• Keeps asking if we can get a new baby and get rid of his sister
• Even though he says he wants to get rid of his sister he is very protective of her and hugs her constantly

In other news Ben got a new job and keeps assuring me that if I just hang on a little longer I will be home with the kids.

I am loving the warm weather and am really looking forward to my Mom and Mike coming in August!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

phew! You're still alive ;)

I'm glad you're getting your house in order - doesn't it feel good to get it all done? Even if it does take longer than we'd like.

Glad your kids are well - they SOUND adorable...

And congrats Ben on the new job!!

Annalee Taylor said...

Funny, Maddie must get the eye poking thing from you! LOL. I also love that Slade tells you to go back into the bathroom, I totally understand, I tell myself that all the time!

Maddy said...

Hey Kari!ha ha! Of course I remember you...:) and oh my goodness your kids are SO BEAUTIFUL! I can't believe how big your little Maddie has gotten. And Slade as well- I just remember seeing him a few times at work. Your family is so cute. I just saw Eileen tonight at the Beehive party and I was wondering if you still worked there! Well, Your kiddos sound adorable. Good to hear from ya!

The Hansons said...

That is so exciting that you guys bought a house and Ben getting a new job! I hope you guys are doing well! I miss you!