It is official, I am turning in my monetary paycheck for one of hugs and kisses. After almost 5 and a half years, I put my notice in at Beehive. I am staying there until the end of April so that I can get my replacement trained. They have already hired someone to take my place and I think that she will do great.
I have to admit though that putting in my notice was well... terrifying! I have always worked and for the majority of our married life have had to be the one financially supporting our family because work was so hard to find. Consequently it is hard for me to to put all of my trust in Ben and know that he will be able to take care of it. That being said we know that this is what will be best for our family and this is what we need to do. So we are taking this leap of faith, scary as it may be.
I know that I may be a bit... well a lot delusional but I am excited for all of the things that being home will allow me to do. We have plans for a big garden this summer that I am very anxious to get started on.
So if you would like to hang out with us during the day this summer my answer will no more be sorry I have to work and the kids will be at daycare... it will be "HECK YES - WE WOULD LOVE TO!!!"
2 comments:
Yay! I'm so excited for you! And things will work out. It doesn't seem like they will, and no matter how much you think about it, it will be super scary (not having your paycheck coming in), but it will work out! I'm so glad you finally get to stay home!
I can't wait to hang out ALL summer! I'm so glad you're "taking the plunge" and I totally agree with Jamie that you never know how it will work out - but it will!
Post a Comment