Sunday, October 2, 2011

Introducing...

Abbigail Julie Barrett
September 27, 2011
8:37 pm
6 lbs 13 ozs
19 1/4 inches


 
Abbi's Birth Story

We had been scheduled to be induced on Thursday September 29th. When we went to our doctor appointment Tuesday morning I was dilated to 5 cm. Our midwife asked if we just wanted to have this little girl today instead of waiting two more days.

Um... YES!

She sent us over to Mountain View Hospital and they got my IV going. We made some phone calls and Courtney came for Slade and Laura came for Madie. I had to have some antibiotics for a couple hours before anything else could be done to get labor going so we just sat and waited. At 2:30 our midwife came in and broke my water. And then the contractions started. By about 7:30 I was dilated to a 9 and shortly after started pushing. I pushed for about 40 minutes and then at 8:37 she was born.

This birth went so much better then Madie's did. By having a midwife this time I was able to do it without an epidural. Some might think that I am crazy but I am so happy that I was able to do it without drugs. The birth went so much better and I was able to listen to my body instead of the doctor or nurses telling me what I had to do. Because of that there I didn't need any stitches and and recovering much better than I did with Madie.

We are so grateful that Abbi waited to come until Ben was able to be home and we are so happy that she is finally here.

Abbi has the sweetest little personality. So far she is really mellow and loves to sleep... except at night. She is a great little eater now that she has figured out nursing.


Our Family of Five 


Madie is absolutely obsessed with Abbi. She calls her "Her Baby" and is constantly telling us how cute her baby is. She has done surprisingly well sharing her Mommy. Madie loves to help with everything Abbi. She runs to get me diapers, wipes, or whatever I need.

Slade is still mad that she is not a brother but he still thinks that she is cute.

Both kids love to give help with her pacifier and Abbi gets it shoved into her mouth whether or not she wants it. 

And just because everyone likes to look at a cute baby





3 comments:

The Hansons said...

Congrats Kari! She is beautiful! I hope you are all doing well!

Maddy said...

awww!! She is so cute!!! Congratulations! And Good for you for doing a natural birth! You are amazing!! I am glad the recovery has been good as well. I wish I could do that!

John and Tawnya Hoover said...

Yay Congrats Kari... Awesome job on the natural birth...