Monday, January 7, 2013

Back to Normal???

 
We had two amazing weeks of holiday celebration.
We had a great Christmas and were able to go visit family in Utah for New Years.
We had our Daddy home for two whole weeks!
It was AWESOME!!!
We spent lots of time together as a family.
Our house was completely trashed and dirty but we were all together and it was the greatest!
 
Today Ben went back to work.
So I guess things are back to... Normal???
I hate it that normal at our house doesn't include him here. Hopefully some day normal will change. We miss him tons. There were a lot of tears when he headed out today, it is always a hard day when he leaves but today was really hard.
 
I feel like I have gotten the hang of this doing it by myself thing at home. I have a schedule and as long as I stick to my schedule things go OK for the most part. What I can't get used to and I hope I never get used to is being away from Ben. I miss him. When he left today I felt like I couldn't hold him close enough, I wanted to soak as much of him in as I could because we don't know when the next time we will get to hold each other is.
 
He is such a good man and I am so grateful for all that he does for us but I am sure glad that this work arrangement is not a "for the rest of our lives" deal.
 
Hurry home babe!
 
So anyway I cleaned my house a bit, until it was time for Abbi to nap and then I sat down and lost all of my motivation. Oh well the dirt will wait for another day.
 
We got pizza hut for dinner tonight because it is Monday and Monday is pizza night.
 
Did today and tomorrows homework because tomorrow is a crazy day and I didn't want to have to worry about it tomorrow.
 
Bathed the kids, read a couple chapters of Slade's Junie B. Jones book to the kids, said prayers and put them to bed.
And now I have sat here at the computer for a couple hours catching up on our Christmas activities (so if you want to go back and check out what we all did feel free) and eating cake.
 
Tomorrow is filled with doctors appointments, errands and church stuff.
 
Normal I guess.

1 comment:

Beth Willmore said...

My favorite was the "eating cake" part!!

Can't wait until lunch tomorrow - wahoo!