Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A big adjustment

There are lots of things changing around our home.

If you notice our baby countdown you will see that in about 35 days our little lady will be joining us.

Our great big 5 year old is starting kindergarten tomorrow.

And now...

Our Daddy is starting a new job...
In North Dakota...
Next week...

Ben is going to North Dakota to work in the oil fields. He will be driving a gravel truck. He will be gone for two weeks and then home for two weeks. We are very excited to have him all to ourselves for two full weeks every month, but none of us are looking forward to him being gone for two full weeks either.

I am very nervous!

Besides the obvious that our baby is coming pretty much any time now and fearing a reenactment of our late night run to the ER last week, I am a bit on edge. I keep looking around at our half acre plot of land and it is looking more like 10 acres to me. Our cute little house is looking like a mansion. I keep making mental notes of everything that Ben does that is now on me. Even the easy things that should be no big deal are feeling a bit overwhelming, like rolling the garbage down to the road every Friday.

This is certainly going to be a big adjustment for all of us.
We talked with our Dr and she said that she would induce me the week before I am due so that Ben can be here for the delivery and still have some time with little Baby A before he has to leave again. So we are praying that she cooperates and decides to hold off until he is back home. To be on the safe side Ben has officially put me on light duty until she comes.

Anyway, wish us luck.
And if you see me at the grocery store and I look like I should be committed to some sort of mental hospital, please just smile and tell me I look pretty or some sort of lie.

4 comments:

Dan and Jamie said...

Exciting that he has a new job! Not exciting that he will be gone for 2 weeks every month. Do you still get Slade while he is gone? Oh, and I'm coming to visit Idaho soon!

Linda Bidwell said...

Kari,
I will help however I can...even if I have to sleep there...or even if I have to "volunteer" someone else. :)

Beth Willmore said...

Oh my heck that last part made me laugh so hard! You'll just have to spend more time with me and especially while our "big" kids are in kindergarten!!

Little Missy better stay put until you're ready for her, or she'll get a stern talking too!

Here's an idea: so since you have to do EVERYTHING while Ben is gone, when he's home for those 2 weeks he should have to do EVERYTHING! Seems only fair to me! :)

Unknown said...

Oh, gosh, Kari! That's rough. I hate it when Justin is gone for a couple weeks on business, but for that to just be the norm would be waaaaayyyy hard. And with the baby coming?? You are amazing. I know you can do it. BUT I also know what you mean about things starting to look too hard and overwhelming. Congrats to Ben on the new job! And good luck! Wish I was there to help. :(