Last night was one of those nights that you hope will never happen. The evening itself was totally normal. We all went to bed and then about midnight I woke up in excruciating pain in my belly. For about 15 minutes I tried to adjust my position to relieve the pain - no luck. I finally woke Ben up and told him what was going, he tried rubbing my back, my belly, anything that we could think of to alleviate the pain. By this point I was in so much pain I could barely roll over.
So Ben called Mountain View Hospital. The nurse told him that I should try a warm bath and that we should call EIRMC because they couldn't handle a baby at 34 weeks there. Then I started to freak out. I think that it hit me how early it was and just the thought that we might need to go in and get her checked out.
I got in the bath while Ben called EIRMC. The nurse there told Ben that he needed to bring me in. I got dressed again and Ben called Tyson and Laura and got the kids up. We dropped the kids off at Tyson and Laura's house and Ben drove something like 90 mph to Idaho Falls. Oh yeah - don't worry, our gas light came on as we were leaving Tyson and Laura's - perfect!
We got to the hospital and within 5 minutes they had me changed and in a bed. They put the fetal heartbeat monitor on me and there she was loud and clear - WHAT A RELIEF! They told me that I was dialated to 1cm but was not in labor, however I was contracted... not contracting, but one constant contraction. They ran a bunch of tests and found that I was a bit dehydrated and that there was some protein in my urine. Then they ran some more tests and found nothing wrong.
They gave me a shot to help relax my uterus and hopefully get rid of the contraction. This made me super sick so they gave me another shot to help with the nausea. Both seemed to help but the pain never completely went away. They had me rest for a while and the pain started to return. The doctor came in, felt my belly, and then said we could go home.
WHAT? I still could not get out of bed on my own and could not stand up to save my life. The doctor said that it was braxton hicks and that I was dehydrated. They said that if it became excruciating again to come back ...again? ....I just told you that it was returning. Hmmm. Ben and I both told them that we were still concerned. They told us that basically the baby is fine (phew) and that I needed to just go home and deal with it.
We came home and I went to bed. Around 1 o'clock this afternoon the contraction actually went away and I can move again. But boy o boy that was a long 13 hours.
We are so grateful for all of our amazing friends and family that helped us with our kids, letting our puppy out, meeting the carpet cleaners this morning. But most of all I am grateful to my Heavenly Father for keeping our little lady safe and for giving me a husband that took such good care of me.
So while everything turned out alright I am sure hoping that I don't have to do that again. That being said I realized how unprepared I am. So now I will be spending my time getting things packed and ready for little baby A.
4 comments:
Oh my gosh! So glad you are both ok. Don't you love dr's who are like, "Oh, it's nothing!" I've had Braxton Hicks and that sounds like NOTHING I experienced. Thinking of you and praying for your little girl!
Holy crap! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Super glad that things are better now, though. Are they going to monitor you for the rest of your pregnancy?
Holy cow I can't believe you didn't call me!! I'm so glad everything was ok and that she's doing ok. If you don't want to get together tomorrow I totally understand!
Scary!! I am glad everything is okay!
Post a Comment