Saturday, July 21, 2012

When I grow up...

So I know that I am a huge slacker, I know that I have a months worth of vacation adventures to blog about... and summer adventures... and children's milestones... and - well I have a lot to blog about. I hope to do some major back-blogging in the next two weeks while Ben is gone at work, so hopefully you will get a blogging overload from me.

Anyhow I figure that if I wait until I am caught up some things will never get said so I am just going to talk about today and catch up on the last month and a half later.

This kid seriously kills me!
 Everyday since we got home from North Carolina (2 weeks ago) Madie has told me that she wants to go home. I ask her where we are now and she tells me that we are at home. So then I say, well if we are at home then where do you want to go? She will tell me that she either wants to go to Grandma's house or to my Mom's house (she is starting to understand the Grandma is Mommy's Mom concept).

So today we were going through this normal dialogue and instead she said that she wanted to go to My home. I told her that My home was the same as her home. She then said "no Mommy, to the house that you live at with your Mom and Dad." I explained to her that when you grow up that you don't live with your Mommy and Daddy anymore, you get a house of your own, you get married and then it is her turn to be the Mommy.
She sat and looked at me for a long time and then she said "No I don't want to be the Mommy, I want to be the Daddy". Can't say that I blame her!

She then told me that when she grows up that she can get her own Popsicles and that she can use the BIG scissors to cut them open. Apparently that is really important and she is really looking forward to the big scissors.

In addition to this Madie seems to think that there is a whole other floor to our house that we are not using. She keeps telling me that her Dad needs to build her some stairs.

Such a funny girl!


1 comment:

Beth Willmore said...

Yeah seriously - who wouldn't want to be the daddy! Their jobs are WAY easier!.... :)