Wednesday, October 24, 2012

33... YIKES!!!!!

So yesterday was my birthday.
33 years.
That sounds so much older then I feel.
Well most of days.
 
I had no plans for the day considering that my hubby is gone and Abbi has been sick for the last week so I didn't dare make any plans that required me being away from her. Then on Monday my amazing friend Beth texted me and asked me if I wanted to go to lunch. Um yes! She's so good to me! We of course went to our favorite restaurant Gringos and ordered the exact same thing that we order every other time that we go there. Which our waitress totally remembered every single bit of our order... is that saying something? She brought me these beautiful flowers and a package of Oreos.
Now that's a best friend! You want to know what else is a good friend the next series of text messages that we shared yesterday. We are both laughing so hard because, well, we are dang funny!
 
 
Me: So my Sister in Law posted this on facebook and it totally made me think of you.
 
Beth: Ha ha that's awesome? Is it because of that one time  groped you?... (For the record we don't really grope each other... this disclaimer is mostly for our husbands that think that would be cool - sickos!)
Me: One time? There has been way more than one time.
Beth: Yeah but you liked it. Btw be sure to wear an outfit tomorrow that doesn't clash with a sombrero...
Me: So my hot pink tights and leopard leotard are out? Damn! Maybe I will just wear my birthday suit... That is neutral, it goes with everything.
Beth: Oh my heck I just about drove off the road for laughing so hard!! (Can you believe she texts and drives - I can't believe I am friends with someone that would do that and she is married to a cop? - wait I am married to someone who does that - Don't text and drive!)
Me: That texting and driving is very dangerous whaaaaa I just about hit a telephone pole (Ok I was actually sitting still in the van waiting for Slade's bus)
Beth: I just hit 10 college students! Oh well... (Seriously if you can get into college you would think that you would be smart enough to look both ways before crossing the street!)
Me: And that's okay we're better off without them
Beth: Yeah there's a million more! (Ok we are not really this mean but dang it people look where you are going!... I am trying to text and drive over here!)


After we got home from lunch the girls nap and I made a cake. Slade came home, we did his homework, you know the usual. Tyson came over and fix her roof (have I mentioned that are shingles are disintegrating? They are, he slapped some tar on the bad spot so it will hold until spring), and Slade's window (which wouldn't close all the way so there was old air leaking in) and changed our furnace filter for me. Yay for heat and for our roof not caving in on us this winter. And even more Yay for great friends that help us out. Thanks Tyson!
 
Then the kids and I got pizza and ate some cake.
It was a pretty great day - the only thing that could have made it better would have been having my hubs home. Miss you babe!

2 comments:

Annalee Taylor said...

Im sorry I couldnt make it, I really tried... between Macks dentist appt and kindergarten i need a clone of myself to make it work. But, I did think about you all day, Im a terrible friend. But, Happy late birthday anyway, and we should do dinner or something fun in the future... at night, when we can get a sitter!

Beth Willmore said...

Oh my heck I laughed just as hard reading it the second time around! Yesterday was awesome!!