This little daredevil had a little accident yesterday that took her pretty little face from this...
to this...
Madie fell off a swing in our backyard and landed right on her face.
I took this picture right after it happened, two hours later her nose was much more swollen and much more purple. I was afraid she had broken her nose so I took her to the doctor. The doctor said that they didn't think that it was broken but that it was way to swollen to know for sure.
Other than when the doctor had to look up her nose (which took me and a nurse to hold her down) she was such a trooper. She cried initially when it happened and the only other time that she complained at all is when she sneezed - she looked at me with those huge brown eyes, held her hand over her nose and said "Oh Mommy that hurt" - totally broke my heart.
I expected her to wake up this morning with two black eyes but much to my surprise the swelling had actually gone down a bit.
I did however cancel the appointment that I had to get the kids pictures taken tomorrow. We will just have to reschedule when the purple is gone. I also have to take her back to the doctor next week so they can see what it looks like after the swelling has gone down.


2 comments:
poor girl! Sophie just fell onto our coffee table and hit her head right between her eyebrows the other day. She has a big red goose egg and it made her look like she had a unibrow! :)
Oh man! Porr little thing! Of course it happens right before family pictures, that's just how life is!
Post a Comment