I read the article below today and being that yesterday was my one year anniversary of being a Stay-at-Home mom I thought that this was fitting and I had a few comments on some of the things that I have learned over the past year to add to it.
7 Things Stay-At-Home Moms Want You to Know
1. It's a choice
"It's a choice. A hard one that = sacrifice. Not right for everyone. And that's ok. We need to stop judging."
@poundlounge via Twitter
"It's a choice. A hard one that = sacrifice. Not right for everyone. And that's ok. We need to stop judging."
@poundlounge via Twitter
I couldn't agree more. This isn't right for everyone. I know many people that are great Moms because they go to work. This however is not me and I am more able to be the Mom that I want to be because I stay home.
2. It's a juggling act
"It's not always easy work if you have two of three kids at home and one has a broken leg! work, play, work..."
@fingerfabrik via Twitter
3. It's worth it
"It is harder than any paid job I've had, more exhausting than any paid job I've had and more rewarding than any paid job I've had."
@beccatollefsen via Twitter
"It's not always easy work if you have two of three kids at home and one has a broken leg! work, play, work..."
@fingerfabrik via Twitter
3. It's worth it
"It is harder than any paid job I've had, more exhausting than any paid job I've had and more rewarding than any paid job I've had."
@beccatollefsen via Twitter
Again I couldn't agree more. My job is mental and physical, my hours are 24/7 and I get paid in hugs and kisses in addition to being able to experience almost every bit of my kids lives (well at this point at least).
4. It isn't a vacation
"It isn't a vacation. No coffee breaks or catered lunches :)"
@just_d_world via Twitter
"It isn't a vacation. No coffee breaks or catered lunches :)"
@just_d_world via Twitter
When I first became a Stay at home mom I thought that I would finally have enough time to get everything done because I wouldn't have to work outside the home. I was wrong - dead wrong. News flash people - taking care of kids is a full time job. I have a cleaning schedule that I try really hard to stick to, certain jobs that I do on certain days in an effort to not have to spend one day a week cleaning the whole house. I always have to make adjustments, I always have things that get bumped to the next day for one reason or another and most days I am lucky to squeeze in going to the bathroom (however even that I do not do by myself). But I am so grateful that I have the freedom to rearrange my week if someone isn't feeling well and needs a little extra cuddling that day.
5. It's not easy
"It's not easy. Especially for those of us that work from home."
@MyMamihood via Twitter
"It's not easy. Especially for those of us that work from home."
@MyMamihood via Twitter
So the "Especially for those of us that work from home." part of this one ANNOYS me!
Because it is easy for those of us that don't work from home - ugh - Just saying!
6. It's misunderstood
"DOMESTIC VIOLATION(v): Dangerous mistake of referring to a stay-at-home mom as someone who 'doesn't work'."
@KidDictionary via Twitter
No kidding - seriously you might loose an eye.
7. It's a job"To save your sanity you have to approach stay-at-home parenting like any other job, take your breaks and lunches."
@MamaQ5 via Twitter
Yeah right - The only days that "my sanity is saved" are the two or three times a month that I go to lunch with Beth.
@MamaQ5 via Twitter
Yeah right - The only days that "my sanity is saved" are the two or three times a month that I go to lunch with Beth.
I really had no clue what I was getting into when I became a stay at home mom, but I knew I wanted to be one. I knew that this was what was right for me and I knew that this was what was best for my kiddos.
In today's society the role of being a stay at home mom is looked at as a lesser, not as important role. I don't understand how anyone can think that raising children is not as worth while as working outside of the home. At this point in my life there is nothing that could be more fulfilling as being a stay at home mom. My heart breaks for those moms that what so badly to be home with their babies but do not have that option. I remember what that is like and I know how painful it is to leave your babies when all you want to do is be the one taking care of them and teaching them.
I am so grateful for my husband who makes it possible for me to be home with my babes, I am grateful that it is important to him that I am home with our children and that he realizes how hard my job is.
I love being a stay at home mom!
| Look at these crazies! Watching cartoons Tuesday morning. |
I love my kids! I love having the opportunity to be their Mommy. I love seeing the look on Slade's face when he finally reads a word that he has been struggling over and then thanks me for helping him figure it out. I love it when Madie crawls in my lap, wraps her little arms around my neck and says "I love you Mama". I love seeing little Abbi's face light up when I walk into the room. I love the mornings when I wake up to all three of them cuddled around me in my bed. I love seeing them care for each other, celebrating each others accomplishments. They melt my heart! I sure hope that they are learning as much from me as I am from them.
I love you Slade, Madie, and Abbi! Thank you for being my babies!
1 comment:
AMEN! Do you remember me telling you (when you still worked at the Hive), "Um yeah, it's a lot harder than you think it'll be!"
I still miss the social aspect of going to work (thus why I call you about lunch on the spur of the moment), and also the "actually accomplishing something and having someone notice" aspect... but you're right, it's so amazing that we are getting the chance to raise our own children instead of having someone else raise them while we work!
Amen Sista!
Post a Comment