Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My Girlies Room

Today I totally neglected my housework and just worked on my girlies bedroom. You see up until today everything that was hanging on the wall was all Madie's stuff and considering my Abbi is going to be 1on Thursday I thought that it is probably about time I got to it. I have actually been gathering things for a couple months now but have just been to lazy to put it all together. Madie was also really excited about her room spruce up too. The entire day she kept saying "Oh thank you Mommy for making my bedroom bootiful again."
 
I got about halfway done and then realized I probably should have taken some before pics. Whoops!
 
Anyway I am pretty happy with how it turned out.
 
Abbi's bed. I made the quilt hanging over the rail. I always make my kids bedding. I love the feeling of knowing that my hands made the blanket that will keep them warm at night.
 
These squares have each of the girls names on them.
 
Each of the girls birth announcements.
 
 
The bookcase behind the bedroom door. My Step dad made our bookcase. I love it!
 
Madie's Bed. I need to make her a quilt for her bed yet. Notice how the one on her bed is still crib sized? I am going to take that one apart and make it into a twin sized. I had hoped to have  it ready for her birthday but seeing as her birthday is next Wednesday and I haven't even started it yet I think that I might aim for Christmas.
 
Above Madie's bed. Those photo strips are of each of the girls at just a couple weeks old. They have a picture of them holding my finger, me holding their feet, and then me and them up close. These are some of my favorite pictures of them. So sweet and tiny. 
 
This is the view from that hallway. I keep walking by and stopping to admire it. I totally love how it turned out.

2 comments:

Annalee Taylor said...

LOVE IT! Nice work. How come it takes us so long to do simple things, then once we do it we realize it should have been done months ago? !! I do it all the time! I love that bookshelf, ask your dad if he will make me one! And, love how you made shadow boxes of the girls birth annoucements, so cute. You did awesome. You are awesome!

Beth Willmore said...

Oh my heck it turned out SO cute - good job woman!!