This morning while we were getting ready for church Madie lined up all of her stuffed animals on my bed and stood on the stool, she said that she was having church and that everyone had to sing. (She totally reminded me of the story that Ben's family always tells about one of his sisters playing primary at home). She insisted that we sang songs about horses and Jesus. Some of them included "I'm trying to be like Jesus and ride horseys" and "When Jesus was a little child he rode a horsey." I am not sure that she is doing a very good job learning in primary.
While Madie was having church Abbi found a step in our bathroom that goes up to our bathtub, she climbed right up and set up camp there for the rest of the morning.
When it was time to go to primary today Madie refused to sit, she kept running away from her class. I finally ended up having her teacher told her on her lap. I went to my own class and about five minutes into it her teacher came to get me and said that she refused to sit and she just wanted to run around and thought it was a huge fun game. Apparently when she told Madie that she was going to get her mom if she didn't start behaving Madie said "okay let's go" took her hand and started for the door. Clearly my kids could care less if Mom is upset with them. I hate doing this because I know it totally undermines everything that I do but I told her that we could call daddy and tell him about how she was acting. She shaped right up and went to primary and was good the rest of the time.
After I got Madie settled back in with her primary class someone in the hallway asked if I could go help in the nursery. So Abbi and I went and helped out in the nursery. Abbi did awesome. I was shocked to see how well she was adjusted to it and didn't even care that I was playing with other kids. She even sat on a chair and ate her snack and didn't get off her chair. She was such a good little listener. As much as she might think that she's ready for nursery I sure am glad that I still have six months before she has to go to nursery.



No comments:
Post a Comment