Thursday, February 2, 2012

Kids

Do you ever hear your kids talking and think "where do they get that from... oh yeah, ME".
I always have to laugh when I hear it.

Me: Slade, why did you ________?
Slade: Because.
Me: Because is not a reason, I want to know why.

Slade: Madie why did you break my lego truck?
Madie: Because.
Slade: Because is not a reason, why did you break my lego truck?
...

Madie to Ben: No more juice Daddy, it will make your bum hurt.
 ...

And then there are those comments that you have to turn your head because they are in trouble and you are trying not to let them know how funny they are being.

The girls and I came home from Idaho Falls. Madie walked right into the kitchen with her muddy boots on. I asked her to take them off. She screamed "NO" at me. I grabbed the water bottle and squirted her in the face (my new attempt at curbing her sassiness). She put her hands on her hips and screamed back "My Grandma is going to spank your bum!"
I happened to be on the phone with my mom when she said this, I had to walk away to wipe the tears and inform my mom that apparently she owed her 32 year old (shudder) daughter a spanking.  Madie continued to yell this at me a couple more times. Little Turd!

Man these kids sure are entertaining!

3 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

Oh my heck that is funny and your mom should totally spank your bum!! Um by the way I think we need to have a very important and official business meeting at Gringo's next week...

Annalee Taylor said...

Ha! Love it... little turd.
So.... can I come to your "official" meeting?
Nothing like inviting myself!

Ben and Kari said...

I say yes on all questions regarding the official meeting! Mon, Wed, or Thur work for me.