Sunday, February 12, 2012

My Day at Church

Driving to church this morning - Put my phone on silent.

Got into Sacrament meeting - I double check my phone to make sure it is on silent (because I am OCD like that).

Sunday School - Ben texts me and my phone alerts me OUT LOUD... What the?
I put the phone on silent again.
Mind you my text message notification is a chipmunk sounding voice that says "Woo Hoo Text Message"... Thank you Madie for picking out that gem, not to mention why was I stupid enough to let my three year old pick out a sound for me.

Still Sunday School - About 30 minutes later - The alarm I have set to have Madie try to go potty goes off. This song (also picked by Madie) is the Gummy Bear Song. Have you heard it? It is pretty sweet!
It is at full volume and it won't turn off. I am frantically hitting any button that might possibly get it to stop. I am pounding on the screen. I am starting to sweat with embarrassment. I can feel myself starting to blush. Finally after the song plays TWICE I finally get the phone to turn off. Like off off - apparently my phone was possessed today. I wanted to crawl under the bench and wait for everyone to leave - unfortunately Priesthood is the the chapel too so that was not an option. As I am leaving three different people asked me if that was Ben's ring tone... It's not but I think it might be soon.
Lesson learned, from now on my phone stays at home.

Relief society - I am sitting in the back with Abbi when she farts... LOUD! Everyone turned to look and giggle. It did not sound messy so I stayed. About two minutes later she did it again... equally as loud... same response. At this point I decide that it is really in every ones best interest for me to just finish out the rest of the time in the hallway.

Did I mention that it was ward conference today?
Still debating if I will return next week. I am sure I will but I might need to have some appearance altering surgery done first.



1 comment:

Beth Willmore said...

Ha ha ha! I am seriously laughing my head off right now - that's like my worst nightmare to have a phone go off in church or a meeting or something.