On Friday my sweet puppy, Chloe, went to sleep.
She was 13 and half years old.
She was my puppy and I loved her very much!
My heart hurts.
(I know some people don't understand hurting this much for an animal, so if you are one of those people don't tell me to get over it, you don't understand and should just keep your comments to yourself.)
Chloe was such a pretty girl! I will miss her very much!
Growing up my brother and I begged for a dog. My Mom always said that we had to wait until we bought a house because it is to hard to find rentals that will allow animals. So when we bought our house the summer before my Junior year of High School the begging really picked up the pace.
It still took a while
We got Chloe when she was 9 months old, it was the summer before my sophomore year in college.
She was the cutest little sheltie.
At first she was very nervous and timid.
She loved me! That might have something to do with the fact that I would let her out of her kennel at night and then put her back in before anyone would wake up in the morning.
I was heartbroken to have to leave her when I moved.
![]() |
| Just a pup! |
Chloe was very well trained. She did all kinds of tricks including crawling on her belly and rolling over. Mom had taught her to walk like a champ, she never pulled - she walked right by your side. At every intersection she would sit down and wait for you to tell her that it was safe to go, sometimes she would even look back and forth as if she was really looking to see if any cars were coming.
Chloe loved cheese! She was from Wisconsin - of course she loved cheese! All you had to do was open the cheese drawer and she would come running.
She had the cutest little crooked nose.
She loved her Morgan (my other dog) and he loved her dearly. Mom says Morgie is a bit lost without her.
She loved to go see Grandma. Before my Grandma died my Mom and Chloe would go see her every Sunday. Mom would put Chloe down at the door to Grandma's assisted living home and say "Go find Grandma" and Chloe would trot down the hall right to Grandma's door. Mom would put Chloe in Grandma's lap and Grandma would hug her so tight Chloe's eyes would get big.


2 comments:
Kari I'm so sorry. I know she was part of your family. I truly believe we will get to see our pets in heaven, and that will be a great reunion for you two.
I'm sorry Kari - losing our animals is SO stinking hard! Maybe she and Mr.T and having a great time running around and waiting for us!
Post a Comment