Thursday, August 23, 2012

Adopted

I think that it is fair to say that we have been adopted...
 
by this little cutie
 
 
We found her Wednesday night crying by our back fence so we went over to ask our neighbors if she belonged to them. They said no but that they had interacted with her and she was very friendly. Madie immediately knew that meant she needed a home. I sure feel bad for any boy that likes her in the future because when she bats those big brown eyes at you it sure is hard to say no to her. I told her that the kitty could come live in our back yard but had to stay outside - she was OK with that.
So our neighbor lady helped me get the kitty in our yard and then gave me enough cat food to make it through the night.
 
I put towel, some food and some water out for her and left her in our yard. This morning I went outside and meowed and she ran right up to me (she had been hiding under a bush). Since then I have not seen her go more than 10 feet from our deck. I think she is staying.
 
When Madie got up she asked for some chocolate milk (like every morning), I told her that she needed to go out and feed her kitty first. She jumped up and ran to the back yard.

 
She sat outside playing with the kitty for about an hour. I finally made her a bowl of cereal and let her eat out at her picnic table because she had no desire to go inside. When Madie sat down to eat the kitty sat on the grass and waited for her to get done. It took some serious bribing to get Madie to come get dressed.
 
All morning Madie kept saying "well I guess I have a cat now" 

Do you like the shoe on her necklace? Thank you Mcdonalds for thi awesome happy meal toy and thank you whoever told Madie it would be cool to wear it on her necklace. This has been its home for about a month now.
When we got home from running our errands Madie spent a couple hours sitting on the picnic table reading a Barbie magazine. I think these two are going to be great friends! It is s cute watching them play in the yard together. 
 
I am sure you are wondering what we are calling this kitty. Well Madie is obsessed with the name Kaylee. She has 3 cousins named Kaylee and lately she wants ever ones name to be Kaylee, she wants us to call her that, when she plays dolls she always calls her babies Kaylee and has even asked us if we can change Abbi's name to Kaylee... so naturally she decided we needed to call the kitty... Kaylee.

 
So this has nothing to do with the kitty but is just funny Madie.
You see the scooby doo band aid on Madie's knee. Well she fell down in the driveway a couple days ago and skinned her knee. Well she refused to take the band aid off and was trying to nurse it along by using tape to help keep it stuck down. Well at bath time tonight I finally convinced her to take it off and let me put a new one on after her bath. While the girls were in the tub Abbi reached over and grabbed Madie's skinned knee. Madie started screaming and said "see Mom I told you we shouldn't get a baby". It was so hard not to laugh at her.


2 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

Oh man I tell Jared that sometimes, "See I told you we should have not gotten a baby!" But he doesn't listen either..

Good job getting a cat - they're awesome pets and she is so cute!! Glad Madie has a little friend now to keep her company in the backyard!

Let's get together next week - today's been a real suck-fest so far!! (Oh except for the offer on our house...) Guess we need to talk!

Heather said...

That is one pretty kitty!