Monday, August 20, 2012

Where did that come from?

Tonight I read the kids an article from the Friend before bed. It was a little story about a girl who went to a party and the people that were there were saying things that she knew were inappropriate, the girl talked about how yucky it made her feel and how she should have had her parents come pick her up early.

After I finshed that one they begged for another... and then another. By the end of the third story both girls were out. I put them to bed and then tried to get Slade to bed.

Then it started... the bawling.

What the what?

So I finally got out of him that some of the language that is used at a house that he goes to makes him feel yucky and that he doesn't know what to do.

YIKES!

This particular house is not even a house that I can just tell him to call me and I can come get him. What do you say to that?

I am at a loss... suggestions?

I guess  I am glad that he understands but at the same time I can't do anything to help him. Heartbreaking!

2 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

Oh that is awful - I'm sorry Kari! I have no advice for you except just keep being the good mom that you are!

Dan and Jamie said...

Poor Slade. Have him sing or hum one of his favorite church songs when he feels yucky. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. He could also tell the person that their language makes him feel bad. I had that convesation with my mom when I was around 5 or 6. At first she was mad, but she really did try to tone it down. Thank goodness he has your home to go to!