Monday, August 27, 2012

Sugar bugs

We always tell our kids that if they don't get all of the sugar bugs off of their teeth when they brush that they will eat their teeth and give them a cavity. Well it happened - the sugar bugs got through and ate a hole in one of Slade's teeth.
 
So he had it filled today. I was super nervous for him and was sure that he would freak out when he found out that he had to get a... du du dun... SHOT. We didn't tell him what they were going to do just that they were going to fix it.
 
 I totally envisioned trying to wrangle Madie while I tried to console a freaking out Slade so I dropped Madie off at my friend Annalee's house to play (thanks again Annalee) and took Abbi with me.
 
Our Dentist is seriously AWESOME!
They got Slade in the chair and set up with a cartoon to watch... seriously I wish the dentist had tv's fro you to watch when I was a kid!
Loaded him up on some happy gas and then when he was ready got the Novocaine.
He told Slade it would be a little pinch and to hold still.
Slade did! Stiff as a board!
When he was done Slade said
"um that hurt a little bit more than a pinch".
After he was numb it took about 5 minutes to fill his cavity.
Then he got 2 prizes and said
"that was so easy!"
 
What a good kid!

So I know you are wondering if I got a stroke face picture of him. Well his face didn't get to strokey, so I will take one for the team because I know it will make Beth and Annalee's day.

 


2 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

Oh my gosh I am DYING right now and I'm going to bill you for the professional cleaning my couch is going to need since I just peed on it! Ha ha ha ha ha! Good old strokeface! I wonder if Annalee has a label maker and we can make you a label and put them all over your house!!

The Tomeceks said...

HI GIRL!!!!! You kids are sooooooo cute. miss you and I do think of you and the fun times we used to have. I hope you are doing well. call sometime to catch up if you have time.