Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Outnumbred

You know those days that you swear your kids woke up and said to each other
"Hey I bet if we work together we can kill Mom today!"
Today was totally one of those days.

Don't get me wrong, I love being with my kids but I am really looking forward to school starting. I have had about all of the fighting that I can handle.

So I am getting ready this morning and Beth calls me to see if we want to come play today...
Ummm Yeah!
Unfortunately I have a list of things that I needed to get done today.
Pick up a semi part for Ben, overnight it to him, get Slade jeans for school and new church pants, get the rest of Slade's school supplies... and it goes on.
CRAP!

Slade's jeans... I thought that i would avoid the whole going to the store and having him try on a gazillion pairs of pants deal and I ordered his pants on line. The pants that came were WAY to big...awesome! So I decided that I was better off taking him to the store and having him try stuff on.
So can anyone explain to me why they can't make the smaller jean sizes in husky? Have you seen him? He is a big kid. They don't start husky pants until the next size up... irritating like kids don't start filling out until they are 10 - come on people!
So i pack up all three kids and take them to the mall - I would not recommend this - it is not for the weak by any means!

They were total monsters the entire time. i am pretty sure that i looked like a complete mental patient walking around the mall uttering death threats under my breath but all one would have to do is spend 2 minutes with them today and I swear you would have felt the same way. Slade and Madie spent the ENTIRE day fighting.

So I got the pants and then go to walmart to get supplies. You seriously would have thought that school starts tomorrow. I was only able to get about half of what he needed and did not have anything left to go to another store - another day I guess. So we came home.

Then their is sweet little Abbi. everyone always says all she does is just sits there contently and looks around. Well what you don't know is that she is getting pretty feisty! You should see the fit she throws when I try to take the phone or remote away from her... YIKES!

She has also done this to my arm, all of those little purple marks are bruises from Abbi pinching me while she nurses. What a little stinker!

Anyway I am glad this day is over - I totally felt ganged up on today!

2 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

Holy cow you should have just let Slade go to school in pj pants and come to Celebrate Youth with me. All I did was walk around in the jillions of people in the heat while the kids made huge messes with their ice cream sandwiches, cotton candy, popcorn, etc... while I drank Mountain Dew (laced with something a little stronger...) Coulda used a friend to talk to instead of talking to myself!
Sorry about bruises - Mace has just recently started biting the edges of our coffee table. Awesome!

Annalee Taylor said...

Ok, lets make these days easier on all of us and just lock all of them in a room. Then the 3 of us can hang out and talk... they will be fine!