Saturday, February 11, 2012

Four Months

Ok who am I kidding? Because I am a slacker she is actually closer to four and a half months old.
I can't believe that our little Abbi is 4 1/2 months old already.
I have said it before but TIME PLEASE STOP! Preferably on a week when Dad is home though.

I also seriously need to take more pictures! I did a little photo shoot with her one night in her onsie because I don't want to forget all of her cute little rolls.


So here are her 4 month stats...
Weight: 15 lbs 12 ozs (80 %)
Height: 25.5 inches (80 %)
Head: 42.5 cm (80 %)
Abbi is a great little eater - which is evident by her weight, however she chokes on her food all the time. We are still nursing and I thought that it was a problem with me, like my milk was coming out to fast for her or something, but her doctor said that the choking was a symptom of reflux along with her super hard tight tummy, how she will rarely bend to a sit, and how she arches her back and grunts. So he put her on some medicine for Reflux. It isn't really helping. Well it did for about 3 days and now - not so much. She still chokes, has a tight tummy, is stiff and arches her back. So I am still giving gripe water and I guess I will just keep working with it until she grows out of it. I guess the only benefit from the medicine is that she isn't spitting up as much.
Other than that she is doing great.
Some other things we don't want to forget about Abbi
  • Abbi yells. She loves to lay on her blanket, play with her toys and yell.
  • She rarely cries, when she is upset she does this little grunt/cry instead.
  • She has really good head control.
  • She has not rolled yet, she will get on her side sometimes but hasn't got all the way over yet.
  • She is super smiley!
Poor little thing scratched her face all up.
  • The minute that I take her feet out if her jamies she tries to get her feet in her mouth, the problem is she is chunky and can't bend that far so instead she lays on the floor and kicks like this. 
  •   
  • She tries to put everything in her mouth. We have a little medicine paci that she takes her medicine through and she likes to hold it and attempt to get it into her mouth.
Totally love her chubby little fingers and her wrist rolls!
  • She loves to watch her brother and sister.
  • She is super cuddly.
  • She is totally mellow.
  • She is not sleeping through the night, but I am sure that is my fault because I jump to get her everytime she makes a peep.
  • She is still in our room. I know that I should really get her into her own bedroom but lets face it - I should probably work on getting Madie into her own bed first.
  • When you hold her laying down she will lift up her head to try to sit up.
  • We call her Abbi, Abs, and Abers. I also call her lady sometimes and when I do Madie reminds me that her name is Abbigail.
We sure love this little lady.
She has such a sweet spirit and we can't figure out how we lived without her.

2 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

3 posts in 1 week! You almost gave me a heart attack of shock! I love it that she's too chunky to get her feet in her mouth!
When Meg had bad reflux we tried the gripe water and also the Milicon drops (you just get them at Wal-Mart). Neither helped Meg but people swore by both of them so maybe you could try the drops and just see.
Keep up the posting!

Dan and Jamie said...

Do they have her on Zantac? Kyson was on that, and it didn't really do anything for him. Now he's on Prevacid and it works a lot better. But it comes in a chewable pill, so she has to be old enough to chew. He has the choking problem, too. It's really scary! That has been better since the switch to Prevacid, also. Just something to think about.