Do you remember four years ago when this happened?
Well there was a valuable lesson that I learned that week.
BE IN TUNE!
So this morning Abbi woke up and was a little fussy. Nothing else just fussy. My first thought was take her to the doctor, she has an ear infection. I tried to tell myself that it was because she cut a tooth the other day and she was fine. The feeling kept nagging at me (lets face it - it was the Spirit - I know that - I am so glad he's got my back). So I got the girls ready and went to the Doctor.
I always feel like have to exaggerate the kids symptoms because if I say "I felt prompted to bring her in" they will put a great big "Paranoid Mom" stamp on my kids files so when they ask what is going on with her I say...
Well she has been pulling at her ears. = I saw her touch her ear once.
She has had a fever on and off. = I felt her head and she was fine.
Even with this they look at me like I am a crazy person because she is laughing with the nurse and wanting to get down and play.
Both of my girls are like this - they show little to no symptoms of an infection and act totally normal. I have had to learn to be very in tune with them.
Well she ended up having double ear infections. He said that her one ear is really bad.
It never ceases to amaze me how much pain my kiddos can handle.
So I guess you could call it Mother's intuition or a gut feeling or whatever else. But I know that it was the Spirit watching out for my sweet little Abbi. I am grateful for the role that the Spirit plays in my life and I am grateful that I can (sometimes) recognize the Lords hand in my life.
1 comment:
Good job momma, you seriously have to love that when you go to the doctor's office and your kids act like they're totally fine. I'm always like, "Um she was bawling and writhing in pain like 3 minutes ago in the car... but yeah she looks totally normal now..."
Post a Comment