Friday, March 16, 2012

Dirty Little Secret: Update

It is 9:37pm. All 3 of my babes have been asleep since 8 and not one of them is in my bed.

Both of the girls are in their own bed- Hooray!
Slade is asleep on the couch, which is where he fell asleep and he is to heavy for me to move him.

We have been going like this for a couple days now. I have to say that it is nice to have them going to sleep earlier but I still have anxiety about not having them in by me. I am hoping that will get better with time. i do find myself keeping myself up late into the night doing random things around the house so that I can keep checking on them.

Abbi usually gets up around 3 and then I just bring her in by me. I think that it is helping me get through the separation.

I do feel like a success that I have them sleeping in their own beds and that Abbi is sleeping for longer intervals (I think her eating cereal now is helping with that), but my bed is very lonely and I struggle to sleep without them.

So I guess until I get over my issues I will just keep my monitor cranked so I can hear every breath and sit up reading half the night.

2 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

I'm telling you, have a few drinks before bed! It will totally help!! That's great that they're going to bed in their own beds though, and if you're lonely I will come and snuggle you! (We really should just move in together since neither of us have husbands at night!)

Beth Willmore said...

OK first of all I LOVE that episode with the leather pants! You need to borrow the Big Bang Theory from me, you'll think it's hilarious too!
Second of all, I did not leave Jinx up on the roof while I went in to get a camera. Jared saw him up there while feeding the horses, sent me a text picture, and told me if I wanted Jinx to live I'd better figure out how to get him down. So he had apparently been up there for a while but couldn't last another minute since he fell on his head while I was moving hay...
Thirdly, yes I take pictures of Mace before I rescue him from his precarious situations of Chinese splits.
Love the moving in idea! It makes SO much sense! I'll clean if you'll cook!