Thursday, March 29, 2012

Gone again

My hubs left for work this morning.
I hate the day that he leaves (and the 2 weeks following it).
We just barely get used to having him home and then our time is up and he is gone again.
I cry every time. I don't think he knows that.
I am grateful he is such a hard worker but I miss him so much when he is gone.

I am obviously a terrible blogger when he is home. I guess we are too busy trying to fit in as much as possible for me to justify sitting down to post. I am sure you understand.

Anyway we got a ton done this trip home. We finally finished our driveway, got some much needed work done on our vehicles including a new windshield for my Mini (yes that is my minivan's name), a bunch of work done around the house, took the kids bowling and my highlight of having him home...
we went on TWO dates!
Ok that might not seem like that much for some people but if you know me you know that I never leave the kids - ever! The time before when he was home the only time that I was without the kiddos was to go get a crown done - exciting I know.

One night we left the kids with Grandma and went to the Temple. It was so nice to get to have some time with Ben and it felt so good to go to the Temple and feel the spirit.
Find out more about Temples here.

We also went to see Hunger Games. LOVED IT! I have to say it was so true to the book. Even Ben liked it enough that he is going to read the book now.

The downside to leaving the kids was that my sweet little Abbi would not eat for either Grandma or Laura. She does not want to take a bottle at all. Awesome!

Anyway more to come on our happenings with Daddy over the next couple of days.

1 comment:

Maddy said...

I seriously don't know how you do it. My husband was gone last week for 4 days for a conference and I had a hard time! I don't know you do it for 2 weeks! You are awesome. And I never leave our kids either... so I understand you being excited for your dates!