Thursday, March 8, 2012

5 Months

This little lady is FIVE months old already.
Can you believe it?
Ok well she was actually 5 months old last week but I was hoping that if I gave her a couple more days she would start rolling.


These two are finally start to get closer. I think that Madie is starting to realize that she needs to just give up on being jealous because Abbi is here to stay.


Abbi is so patient with Madie.

We were getting ready for church one Sunday and Madie decided that Abbi's belly needed some assistance from a wipe. I love how intently Abbi is watching her wondering what she was going to do to her.
Madie climbed in Abbi's crib. It is weird to me that Madie's eyes are so brown and Abbi' are so blue. I love how clearly you can see the difference in this picture.
She loves to reach up and grab my cheeks and squeal. If the can get my hair she is even happier.
Abbi hasn't rolled yet. She rocks back and forth and spins in circles but this is as close as she gets to rolling. Check out those adorable chubby legs. I just love to squish them.
As soon as I take Abbi's pants off her legs go up like this. I am not sure what the correlation between no pants and playing with her toe is but she loves it. It is really funny watching her do this because it is obvious she would really love to get those toes in her mouth but she can just barely grab them.

Abbi is still a great little eater. We are still working with the reflux. We haven't started with cereal yet, her doctor wanted us to wait until six months but we have been working with a sippy and she LOVES it. I have just been giving her some water while the rest of us eat dinner and she thinks it is the greatest thing ever. We are still nursing exclusively which is starting to get a bit difficult being that she is very curious so if there is any noise she has to stop to check it out. She also doesn't like to be covered up with a blanket which makes for some very interesting feedings.

Abbi goes to sleep very easily is she is being snuggled by me. She cuddles in and zonks right out. In the afternoon if I am done with all of my work and she falls asleep we take a nap on the couch. I swear it is the best sleep I get these days.
She is a super good baby and usually will be content for whoever is holding her. A lot of times at church when Ben is gone and I am there alone with the girls I will pass her off to someone that is sitting by me to run Madie to the bathroom. She is so good and just sits there quietly for them and never gets upset. She showers every one sitting around us with smiles.
Abbi loves her rattles. She gets so excited shaking her rattle that she whacks herself in the head. The look on her face is pretty priceless, she will sit there for a minute trying to figure out what just happened and then go right back to her shaking.
She squeals and gabbers and talks all the time. She laughs at Slade and Madie too. She is always really interested in whatever the big kids are doing.

I really don't know what we did without this little lady. She has this calming effect on our home and brings all of us so much joy.
We love you Abbers!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sweet little girls. Thank you for sharing the pictures. I love them...

Love to all Mom

Beth Willmore said...

So cute! I love those little chubs and I love how last week at Gringo's when I held her she just stared at me for like 20 minutes!