Thursday, March 15, 2012

Crapped On

Have you ever been crapped on?...
By a bird?...

No really I mean it. Not like you're driving along and a bird poops on your windshield - No I mean like a bird actually poops on you.

Today I did my monthly BIG grocery shop (because my hubby is coming home this weekend - HOORAY!). Since we got our tax returns we had decided to stock up on some of the more costly things - you know, meat (we have some major carnivores in this house - it gets spendy). So I am at Sams Club. We had a very pleasant shopping experience - the girls did amazing. We walk out to the van and I am very excited that I have no desire to rip my hair out and I am not drenched with sweat. I load the girls in the van and then go to the back end to put my abnormally large amount of groceries in the van... as I am reaching out to grab some food my cart, my hand, and then my shoulder get hit...
WITH BIRD POOP!
Totally sick! I stood there for a minute, frozen, trying to comprehend what just happened. I really wanted to cry, I didn't. I went to my diaper bag and got some baby wipes, took my sweatshirt off, cleaned up my hand and my cart all the while trying to convince myself that it was just chocolate - it wasn't something gross, just chocolate. I am sure you can guess how well that worked.
When I told Ben about it he told me that he has been pooped on before too, made me feel a little better. I don't know why but I took it personal, like that bird chose to poop on me - stupid I know. I guess it is maybe just a metaphor for how I am feeling about life lately - crapped on.
No pictures today because - lets face it - no one wants to see any pictures that would go along with this subject.

2 comments:

Dan and Jamie said...

I have never been pooped on, but I was standing next to my friend when a bird pooped on her head and face, barely missing her mouth. I'm sorry that happened to you, that sucks.

Beth Willmore said...

Ha ha ha ha! I know I shouldn't laugh, but I am just picturing the look on your face when it happened! I'm sorry friend, but thanks for a laugh this morning! Jamie's story totally grosses me out - what if it would have pooped in your mouth!