Saturday, March 10, 2012

Quiet

Do you ever get busy doing something and then realize - it is quiet... to quiet.
We've all been there.

So I grab my camera and start calling for Madie (Slade is at school and Abbi is sleeping).
She answers from my bathroom. I walk in asking her what she is doing.
This is her replying "nothing"


Notice the nail polish and tissues? Then she looked a me with those great big puppy dog brown eyes and said "I sorry Mama, I made a mess. I tried to clean it up but it not working." She was trying to use tissues and water to clean up this...


I told her that it was ok but that next time she should ask me and I will paint her nails instead. Then I broke out the polish remover. She was totally amazed that it came right off. Ya know besides the stuff on her hands she did pretty good for her first time. There was barely any on the counter and she had a little on her shirt. I cleaned her all up and then repainted her fingers and toes for her.

She always wants me to paint flowers on her nails and I am not so good at that. Feel free to laugh but it keeps her happy.

1 comment:

Beth Willmore said...

So funny! I totally get the "too quiet" thing - it always makes me panic when I realize it and yup - there's always a mess involved!