Friday, April 6, 2012

6 Months

I know I say this every month but
Seriously - How did this happen?
Where has the time gone and how is this little lady six months old already?


We had her six month check up yesterday and she is right on track with all of her physical milestones and she is growing great!
Here are her six month stats...
Length: 27 1/4 inches, 90th percentile
Weight: 18 lbs 4 ozs, 80th percentile
Abbi is totally loving baby food. She is eating cereal and a vegetable at lunch time and at dinner time. I haven't started giving her baby food at breakfast yet because I just can't stomach the idea of vegetables for breakfast and I like stick to just veggies until they are good and luvin them before I start introducing fruits. I doubt this is the recommended way to feed your baby but it works for us. This is how I fed Madie and she is a great little eater, will try anything that I put in front of her, and LOVES to eat veggies... have you heard me talk about how I bribe her with broccoli? Like I said - its what works for me. Anyway Abbi has tried squash, green beans, carrots, sweet potatos and peas. The green beans make her bum really red so I am putting them on hold for a couple weeks and will try them again then. She likes the carrots and squash but LOVES the peas and sweet potatos - I can't shovel them into her mouth fast enough. We are still nursing exclusively and she has started to reject a bottle when offered one so I have been trying to pump more and feed it to her in a bottle so that she will stop being so stubborn for other people.

She is rolling all over the place and is scooting all over too. Slade thinks that it is the greatest thing to see her laying in one spot and then come back a few minutes later and she is somewhere completely different.

She loves to grab your face and then lean her head forward and bonk foreheads with people. She laughs even harder if you say "Bonk" as she does it.

She doesn't have any teeth yet but I am sure they are coming soon. She chews on whatever she can get but her favorites are to hold her paci sideways in her mouth and gnaw on it, chewing on the mouth part of her sippy cup (which makes a sweet squeaky noise), and chewing on her index finger.
Sleeping is going better . She falls asleep around 8:30 at night and will usually sleep until 2ish. Then I cuddle her a little bit and she will go back to sleep. She does seem to be getting more sensitive to noise when she is sleeping. She used to sleep through all of the noise that the big kids made but now she seems to be more interested in what is going on and wakes up when the big kid are being noisy. I am grateful that summer is coming and I can send Slade and Madie outside during nap time so she can get decent naps.

She loves bath time 

Totally love these rolls.
Slade can get the best smiles out of her. It really doesn't matter what he says to her she just lights up. There have even been times when he was throwing a tantrum and Abbi will smile and laugh at him. Of course Slade doesn't find it very funny that she is laughing at him but it does seem to calm his tantrums.

Slade and Madie built Abbi this sweet gun. You can see the excitement it braught her.
She jabbers and squeals really loud. I have actually had to take her out in the hallway during church because she is jabbering so loud.

Abbi is the happiest baby. She smiles at everyone. She is totally mellow and patient. Slade and Madie are really starting to enjoy her. I think that they like that she will react to them now, poor girl is constantly getting mauled by those two crazies.

I am excited to see the person this sweet little lady grows into but for right now I just want to soak up every minute of her.

We love you Abbers!


1 comment:

Beth Willmore said...

Oh my heck Mace TOTALLY does the exact same "bonk" thing with foreheads and it's hilarious! After holding Abbi during lunch yesterday I wanted to steal her - she's such a sweetheart!