Saturday, April 7, 2012

Easter Fun

Today we had all sorts of Easter fun.

First thing this morning we dropped Abbi off at Grandma's  house and went to the Easter egg hunt in Menan with Aunt Katie, Uncle Clinton, Kenzie, Sadie, and Carson.

It was so cold. I was so glad that I made  Madie bundle up. I had her take her mittens off about 2 minutes before the start and she was already complaining that her hands were cold when the whistle blew.

At first she didn't really know what to do. She kinda wondered around looking at everyone and then cam back by me. After some further instruction she figured it out and got some candy.


She was pretty proud of her haul. All the way back to the van she kept having to stop to look at her candy.

After the hunt we picked up Abbi and some stuff at home and headed over to Clinton and Katie's house for lunch.

After lunch the kids dyed some eggs.
Peyton and Madie

Sadie, Kenzie, Carson, and Madie
The kids played for a while and we hid the eggs outside. Then we sent the kiddos out to find them.

Carson and Madie

Carson, Madie, and Kenzie


Madie showing me the four eggs (of the almost 4 dozen) that she found.

So if you have ever wondered why Madie is always doing something crazy of making a funny face in every picture of her let me tell ya that she is not  very cooperative when it comes to taking pictures. The following SIX pictures are examples of trying to get a good picture that includes Madie...
(Madie, Carson, Kenzie and Sadie)

Eyes closed
Not looking
Probably the best one... she is kind of looking and kind of smiling... kind of
Ok this one is my favorite... do I really have to explain why?

Fish lips
And more fish lips

This crazy girl... now do you see what I mean about taking Madie's picture?

What was Abbi doing while we were having all this Easter egg dying/finding fun? She was playing on the floor next to a napping Uncle Clinton.


What a fun Day!

1 comment:

Beth Willmore said...

Ha ha so funny about Madie's pictures! I love that last picture of Abbi and sleeping Clinton - isn't that how it always is! :)
Glad you had a good Easter!