I read this post today.
It was totally what I needed to hear!
I am constantly beating myself up about not having a clean enough house, well decorated enough house, not planning the best parties with the best decorations, that I don't care for my children exactly by the book, etc. Ask my husband... the thing I am the most self conscious about in life is being a good Mom, and even less important that that - if other people think that I am a good Mom.
All that really matters is that my kiddos think that I am a good Mom. Some day they will look back and remember me, not that their homemade birthday cake had a crack in it one year or that we bought valentines instead of me hand making them for their entire class. They are not going to think less of me because my kitchen floor was not always spotless but they will be grateful that I taught them to work hard and made them feel like they did a great job when I let them help clean the kitchen and they missed a few crumbs because I didn't go redo it.
I am a good Mom.
I am a good Mom.
I am a good Mom.
This is something that I need to tell myself more... and let myself believe!
As I was typing this Madie crawled into my lap, wrapped her little arms around my neck and said "I love you Mama".
This is what is most important!
2 comments:
I'm not kidding you, I JUST read that article via Sawdust and Embryos right before I clicked on your blog and the article made me cry. It's so true, we're too hard on ourselves and our kids love our imperfect selves anyway!
Thanks for the chat today - you made my day better!
This is so true, you are a great mom. listen to the kiddo's they know what they want from you..... love to all....
Post a Comment