Saturday, December 1, 2012

On the 1st day of Christmas

I decided that I was going to do something fun for the kids this year in the month leading up to Christmas. I totally stole the idea from my friend Annalee who did this with her kiddos last year. I tweaked it a little bit to work for our family but I am super excited about doing this. I am hoping all the fun stuff will distract them of Daddy being gone (we don't think he will be home until right before Christmas). Anyway I have the whole month planned out with activities, crafts, books, and movies.

So today we had to go to the store, I got the van all loaded up and then told the kids that I had to grab something in the house. I snuck this Elf on the Shelf book under the tree. When we got home and the kids found it they were so surprised and excited. They have been watching him all night and they insist that they see him moving. They named him Ralphie the Elfie.
It is so fun watching them be so excited about it!
 

Oh and I am also super excited about the Badgers going to the Rose Bowl! WAY TO GO WISCONSIN!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear all the events coming to your house with an elf. Love all of you,,, Mom..

Annalee Taylor said...

You didn't steal it from me! I did not invent it! Ha! I need to get me one of those elves, Im trying to justify it... and Ive been a scrooge! Mack asked me yesterday if we were going to do lots of fun things for Christmas this year, I kind of was hoping he would forget!! Oh well, I better get to doing something! We should do some stuff together.